Day 13. Sing For Joy


"Listen to joy-filled music"

Throughout the season, I'm often humming snippets of old familiar carols -- those melodies that bring with them the feelings of happiness of Christmases as a child.... O Come All Ye Faithful, Away in a Manger, The First Noel, While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night. Carol of the Bells. And every child's favorite, Jingle Bells and Deck the Halls.  They are just so singable, aren't they?

Lots of people listen to the 'crooner' version of seasonal songs -- the more blues-jazz style -- but I noticed over recent years when I listen to these pieces I feel pulled down into their 'sadness'.

So if I'm already feeling less sparkly in mood, I stay away from them. Perhaps it's got something to do with the 'minor' keys they are played in, but lots of those sad mournful versions tend to wring the heart -- which is not helpful if you're in need of a d-a-s-h of joy.

When you need something more hopeful of heart, choose music that adds a bounce to your step, a lilt to your voice, and true hope in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's no need to leave a comment ... just enjoy. The reason I opened the comments is because there were some interested to leave a 'footprint'.

Wishing you joy to your world....
Brenda